1.- Who can benefit from these mobilities?
PhD students: the mobility activities must be compatible with the students’ degree learning and personal development needs. The study period will have a duration of 5 or 6 months (to be confirmed during the nomination period). Candidates must respect this period of 5 or 6 months as reductions are only awarded in special occasions.
2 .- When can the mobilities start?
All mobilities for students will start in September 2017, with the beginning of the academic year, for the first semester.
There will be another period of mobilities, for the second semester, starting on February 2018
The mobilities for the staff, can start during the academic year 2017-2018, once the candidates have been officially nominated and have received the pre-acceptance letter from the department at UGR they are willing to visit.
The eligibility period is until 31st July 2018.
3.-How does the process start?
- Nomination of students: Interested students should send the letter of approval (signed or approved by faculty advisor and HoD) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 26 2017.
- Online application for students: the online application will be open till 29th May2017. All nominated students must do this online application. Once the nomination is received, UGR will send an email to the candidates with information about how to do the online application and the link to the platform.
The candidates will receive the Invitation letter or communication about missing documents after the closure of the online application.
4.- Selection process
The selection of outgoing candidates is carried out by the sending institution. Please remember thataccording to the Erasmus + programme, partner universities must “Apply a selection process thatis fair, transparent and documented, ensuring equal opportunities to participants eligible formobility”. Therefore, please make sure that the records of the selection process are kept (such asthe text of the announcement, how the announcement was published, references to the web-site,mailing to possible interested students, dissemination meetings, announcement of provisional andfinal results of selection, etc.), so that those records are available upon requirement for a period offive years. An electronic copy of these records should be sent to the UGR as soon as the selection process isover for the purpose of possible monitoring by our National Agency or the European Commission.
Students taking part in the Erasmus + programme should be registered at their home university instudies leading to a recognized degree.
Students can go on mobility for a maximum of 12 months per study cycle. Previous participationundertaken in the framework of an EU-funded programmes such as, for example, ErasmusMundus Action 2 projects, must be taken into account when calculating the maximum eligibilitymobility period. Applications from candidates who have already benefited from EU-funded programmes should be given lower priority.
The selection criteria for participants are defined by their sending higher education institution, inagreement with the receiving institution, being the first criterion academic merit (especially thoseconcerning academic profile and language requirements).
For students coming to UGR, language requirements should be applied. In order to be accepted asanErasmus + (International Dimension / Partner Countries) undergraduate or master’s student it ismandatory to present a B1 language certificate, according to CEFR (Common EuropeanFramework of Reference for Languages) in the language of instruction which will almost always beSpanish). PhD participants should agree with the corresponding research unitupon their working language prior to acceptance.
See more information about language certificates in the attachment and follow the link:
In these links information about different exams for language accreditation can be found:
5.- Which documents have the candidates need to upload to the online application?
Doctoral (PhD) Students:
- ID/ PASSPORT (MANDATORY)
- Research plan signed by the student (MANDATORY)
- Copy of the Master’s degree or other degree granting access to PhD studies at the home university (MANDATORY)
- Copy of the Bachelor’s degree (MANDATORY)
- Official proof of registration in the PhD programme at the home university (MANDATORY)
- Official Spanish Language Proficiency Certificate (optional)
Invitation letters will be sent to nominate candidates on receipt of all the required documents.
6.- Do the candidates need an insurance?
Yes, they must have medical and travel insurance for the period f their stay, with at least the following concepts covered:
- Medical care
- Repatriation or medicalized transportation of ill or injured persons
- Transport of mortal remains
- Private Civil Liability Insurance
Home universities are required to check that all their participants have the necessary insurance for the period of stay. Students coming to UGR can contract the insurance coverage offered by the University of Granada. In the below link are shown the conditions and application procedure:
The students need to send a copy of the insurance to email@example.com
LIST OF ELEGIBLE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE PROFIENCY CERTIFICATE
- eLADE (CLM-University of Granada Online Examination for the Accreditation of
Mastery of Level B1/B2 in Spanish: http://www.clmgranada.
com/en/esp/examenes/elade/elade.html; contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BUSINESS LANGUAGE TESTING SERVICE (BULATS)
- DIPLOMA DE ESPAÑOL COMO LENGUA EXTRANJERA (DELE)
- THE EUROPEAN LANGUAGE CERTIFICATES (TELC)
- THE INTERNATIONAL SPANISH LANGUAGE EVALUATION SERVICE
- ANGLIA ASCENTIS ESOL EXAMINATIONS (BUSINESS)
- ANGLIA ASCENTIS ESOL EXAMINATIONS (GENERAL)
- APTIS (British Council)
- BUSINESS LANGUAGE TESTING SERVICE (BULATS)
- CAMARA DE COMERCIO LONDRES (ENGLISH FOR TOURISM )
- CAMBRIDGE: BUSINESS ENGLISH CERTIFICATES (BEC)
- CAMBRIDGE: GENERAL ENGLISH EXAMS
- CAMBRIDGE: INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN FINANCIAL ENGLISH
- CAMBRIDGE: INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SERVICE
- CAMBRIDGE: INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ENGLISH CERTIFICATE (ILEC)
- LONDON TEST OF ENGLISH (LTE
- PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH (PTE) (ACADEMIC)
- PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH (PTE) (GENERAL)
- TOEIC (TEST OF ENGLISH FOR INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION)
- THE EUROPEAN LANGUAGE CERTIFICATES (telc)
- TRINITY COLLEGE: INTEGRATED SKILLS IN ENGLISH (ISE)
- UNIVERSIDAD DE GRANADA – EXAMEN CLM PARA LA ACREDITACIÓN
DE DOMINIO DE LENGUA EXTRANJERA CERTIFICADO CLM B1
CERTIFICADO CLM B2
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY IN ENGLISH
CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL LANCASHIRE (UCLan)
For more information please see the following document: