About the programme
The British Council, in partnership with the Departments of Science and Technology (DST) and Biotechnology (DBT), invites applications for funding support for short-term placements in United Kingdom (UK) and Indian institutions between March to October 2019.
The deadline to apply to submit application is by 4 August 16.00 hrs
The scheme is open only for Indian scholars enrolled at Indian higher education institution with following criteria:
- INSPIRE PhD Senior Research Fellows (SRFs) of Batch 2015 – STEM and Life Sciences.
- PhD Scholars (other than INSPIRE Fellows) who have qualified through a national level test and are pursuing PhD in mid second or third year of Life Sciences. The following national level tests are considered: CSIR/UGC-NET, GATE, BET, ICMR-NET, ICAR-NET
Financial support provided
- visa fee
- economy class international airfares (from and to country of residence)
- overseas medical insurance incurred by applicants
- in-country costs including accommodation (as per details provided in call guidelines)
- a stipend paid monthly
bench fees (if applied for) by UK host University
More details about the scholarship can be found below