The University of Melbourne – IITM Research Training Program
Up to 2 students from IITM will be selected to participate in the ten (10) week program at University of Melbourne from May to July 2017.
Applicants should have:
- Completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies in the fields of Engineering/Software Engineering; and
- Satisfied the minimum academic standard at the Host Institution.
Interested students have to submit scanned copy of:
- Detailed personal statement stating their research interests
- Curriculum Vitae (kindly include the email id and phone number you frequently use)
- Official Transcripts
- One letter of recommendation by an academic supervisor at IITM
All the above mentioned documents have to be sent to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 16 2017.
The host institution will
- pay a one-time award to each approved student. The date and method of dispersal can be reviewed annually by mutual written agreement prior to the commencement of the program.
- At Melbourne, the award will cover (a) accommodation including means with a stipend of $AUD75 per week to cover other expenses, and (b) If accommodation with meals cannot be arranged, Melbourne will cover accommodation and a stipend allowance of $AUD 200 per week.
Responsibilities of Students
Visa requirements and travel arrangements
- Obtain and comply with the appropriate visa for the host country
- Obtain health insurance coverage that meets the requirements of the host institution or as a condition of obtaining the appropriate visa
- Obtain comprehensive travel insurance for the entire program period, that is until the student returns to his/her home country.
Fees & Expenses
Students are responsible for
- Travel and transportation expenses
- Passport and visa costs
- Health insurance and/or comprehensive travel insurance
- Clothing & personal needs, exceptive protective clothing as required under their project conditions
- All other debts incurred during the program period.
Upon confirmation of a successful application, the student will:
- Make contact with the host institution coordinator and identified mentor to confirm their participation in the program and define and develop their roles within the projects.
- Submit a written project plan to the academic supervisor and Home Institution coordinator within 7 days of commencement of the program.
- Throughout the project period, comply with all rules, regulations, statutes, policies of Host institution
- Upon conclusion of the research project, deliver an oral presentation of their research findings at the host institution and submit a written technical report to the Home and Host Institution within 30 days of completion of the program.