The University Pierre and Marie Curie has announced the following opportunities for which students, doctoral students, postdocs or staff could be eligible:
1. Recruitments, scholarships and summer school of the Laboratory of Excellence (Labex) Plas@Par (Physics of Plasmas)
2. Scholarships for the Master program “Internet, Technology and Architecture” in the framework of EIT ICT Labs Master School
3. Scholarships in Astrophysics for the 2d year of Master at UPMC
- The Laboratory of Excellence (Labex) Plas@Par (Physics of Plasmas)
- Recruitment of PHD students and post doctorate applicants Plas@Par
- Scholarships for the master’s program “physics of plasmas” :
– Summer School taking place in Roscoff (Brittany) :
Opened to master’s and undergraduate students.
The Laboratory of Excellence (Labex) Plas@Par federates leading plasma scientists in the Paris area, working in different scientific sectors. They thereby drive new synergies, reduce redundancy, stimulate the emergence of new ideas and projects inaccessible to individual partner and they provide a unique pole to attract young scientists.
Plas@Par is one of the 15 major projects of sciences, engineering, social sciences and humanities research driven by Sorbonne Universities, awarded since 2011 in the frame of the Investment for the future program of France (PIA).
- EIT ICT Labs Master School
Pierre et Marie Curie University (UPMC) offers a European two-year Master programme in ICT Innovation with a technical major “Internet Technology and Architecture” and a minor in “Innovation & Entrepreneurship”. This programme is offered in the framework of the EIT ICT Labs Master School together with 20 top European universities, renown researchers and leading businesses. The first year consists of one semester of core courses on ITA and one semester on Innovation & Entrepreneurial education. For the second year, students can select a specialisation at a partner university and complete a thesis project at one of the industrial partners. This programme leads to two master’s degrees, an international competence and hands-on experience for students. All courses are taught in English. Candidates can apply for scholarships offered by the programme.
Deadline for application: May 30th 2015.
For more information:
- Scholarships in Astrophysics for the 2d year of Master at UPMC
The Lagrange Institute offers scholarships to international students studying physics, astrophysics, astro particle physics, cosmology and nuclear physics at the Masters 2 (M2) level.
The main objective of the school career is to offer the opportunity to the top-class international students with an excellent background in physics, the possibility to study in Paris the large breadth of topics such as astrophysics, cosmology, particle and nuclear physics, astro-particle physics. This program is a way to train future researchers at the early stage of their scientific careers.
Monthly scholarship of 1100 € is offered from the 1st of September 2015 to the 30th of June 2016.